Friday, April 27, 2007

Faster and Faster

It’s just not fair! The days of the month are moving faster than I am. I haven’t accomplished half of what I had planned for the month and it is almost over with. Planning and Execution have a large gap between them in my life. But should I expect to be different after 66 years? I guess I had better take my comfort from the small accomplishments.

Well, I need to get out and get with the program this morning; getting in a 5 mile practice at least. That would be a small accomplishment. Then, as it’s a habit I love, it’s time for a cup of coffee and the reading of the two alternative newspapers. Alternative? When compared to the Chico Enterprise-Record they certainly aren’t. And the one paper, The Beat, has been publishing some negative articles about the Downtown Chico Business Association and their sponsoring of the Thursday Night Market. Apparently, a lot of business people don’t care for the market night as it only drives away legitimate customers. I would have to agree with them. We tried the market a few times but the vendors are mostly of the ‘fringe type’… with an abundance of beads, baubles and chiropractors. There are some farmers, but they are outnumbered and look somewhat embarrassed by the company they keep. We’re not going back; a decision made long before we read the articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment