Sunday, April 1, 2007

Foolish

Here it is. April Fool’s Day. And it is cloudy. What’s that all about? According to the forecast, it means nothing. No rain is shown for the next week. I’ve been reading my old Journal’s; 2005 and 2006 this morning to see what I did in my garden the past few years and I noted that we did have rain in April during those years. Well, we have a whole month to find out if that’s going to happen again.

I bought some fruit trees yesterday; some apricots (3) and a peach and a cherry. The three apricots will go into one large hole. That will provide me with apricots over a longer period of time as the three trees have different ripening dates. I’m not sure where the peach should go? It’s a true dwarf and shouldn’t get much taller than 5’. The cherry is a self pollinator and I hope to keep it at a reasonable height as well; maybe 8’.

Yesterday was an active day, starting early in the morning with a run to the county dump after cleaning out part of the orchard. We did some garden maintenance as well before heading to Chico to get some shopping done.

You haven't been to your local dump lately? You should try it! Saturday is a day when dump aficionados get some quality time in the trash. There are no trash trucks to disturb you, just a friendly gathering of small pick-up trucks and trailers, so your chances of getting run over by some monstrous truck are pretty much negligible.

No comments:

Post a Comment