Saturday, April 21, 2007

Listening

Susan Sontag and Opera Attic and Rodrigo y Gabriela. What do they have in common? Just bits from programs I was listening to this morning as I was driving to and from Chico. What would I do without public radio? I can listen to all three, KZFR, KCHO and KVMR and never once have to hear an obnoxious ad.

Rodrigo y Gabriela are definitely on my list of favorite musicians now after hearing some of their work. We’re talking acoustic Metallica! And I have to find some more of Susan Sontag’s books. She is fascinating…though she died in 2004. Opera Attic is simply fun; lots of quirky info about opera mixed in with selected arias and librettos. Opera has attracted me recently because of its exuberance. Really; it’s very much like heavy metal!

No comments:

Post a Comment