Saturday, April 14, 2007

Locally

I thought I heard it raining? It’s in the forecast but it’s still too dark for me to see. I am hoping that the rain will hold off for awhile as we (The Friends of the Library) have trailers filled with books to be unloaded at the parish hall this morning. About 19,000 books are on the trailers and right now they are safely under cover at the cow barns on the fair grounds.

I got a lot of exercise yesterday, starting with a 4 mile practice walk around Bidwell in the morning, followed by helping to unpack and move some heavy pots at the Plant Barn. Then it was time to load the trailers with books. And I will be getting even more exercise this morning as we unload those books and place them on the tables. Perhaps that’s why my hands are aching this morning? Nothing else hurts; just my hands.

I just checked and it’s not raining this minute but it obviously has been raining. This on again/off again rain is slowing down the progress towards replacing our swimming pool liner. And we’re really looking forward to getting rid of the murky swamp we used to call a swimming pool. What an eyesore!

We were third on the list of customers to get new liners and we thought that with an early spring, we would be swimming by May. It could still be possible, but they need a full week without the possibility of rain to get the work done. And there is only one contractor in the north state that does this kind of work anymore.

I see that Paul Wolfowitz has made the headlines. Another moral lapse by one of the Bush crowd. Isn’t it amazing how these people think? The most obvious ethical problems just escape them. It‘s really sad, as Mr. Wolfowitz has some good qualities despite his ethical myopia and conservatism.

No comments:

Post a Comment