Saturday, April 21, 2007

Simply Afraid

Now that I’m back into a writing mood, I can report that I mowed the orchard yesterday afternoon and while I was out there I noticed that we seem to have a bumper crop of apples coming. Same with apricots and grapes. The peaches and pomegranates are also doing well; in fact, all the trees are doing well, even the ones afflicted with Fire Blight. I guess the severe pruning has worked to increase the crop.

And after reading the latest headlines about bush&co, I have to admit that some things have changed for the better in my own small world. Back in 2001, when bush took charge, I was afraid to travel outside of the country for fear of attack by some crazed terrorist. Now I’m no longer afraid! I’m simply embarrassed. I think that’s better?

No comments:

Post a Comment