Thursday, May 24, 2007

Almost full

Ah! the vacuums are silent and the pool is as full as it needs to be.

During our visit to Garden Valley, mention was made of the small town of Volcano, located in Amador County and south of Garden Valley. That reminded me of our visit to the other town named Volcano, located on the ‘Big Island’. And when we got home I found that Kitty had sent me a link to a site offering vacation housing. Of course I looked for some rentals in Volcano and there were a dozen or more. All nice. But then I looked at some on the North Kohala coast, near Hawi. This one caught my eye. I could almost smell the sweet trade winds! And about 30 minutes from Hilo; where we would find fresh produce at the local farmers market. This part of the island is home to half a dozen artists colonies as well.

Apparently the cat has forgiven me for torturing her. I kept her in the garage overnight and while we were gone, ‘strangers’ had come and made all kinds of noise with vacuums roaring outside her place of refuge. All very traumatic. And once she got out last night, she wasn’t coming back in! She stayed under the car and glared at me. But a few minutes ago she knocked at the window and I let her in. She’s asleep now in the chair next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment