Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The cost of travel

The wind has stopped for awhile. Yesterday’s breezes weren’t as irritating as they had been in the past week and they really tempered the heat for us. A most comfortable day. The first half of the day was spent in pruning walnut trees and repairing sprinklers; sprinklers I had torn up with my rototiller. The second half? A nap, of course!

I do love this time of the morning. A growing light on the eastern horizon and the trees slowly coming into focus. But, still…I see no bats? And a neighbor noted that he hadn’t heard the resident owls this spring. What’s up with that?

According to all reports I’ve read, the cost of gasoline didn’t stop the Memorial Day crowd from moving about the country over the weekend. I wonder what would happen to travel plans if the price ever hits the levels experienced in London, where gasoline now sells for about $6 a gallon? (I had heard it was $10, obviously an error) And how about the price in Caracas? 19 cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment