Saturday, May 26, 2007

Summer Suits

Is it summer yet? No, it’s still May and we have a few weeks (A month!) to go before the official start of the sizzle season. But still, it will be in the 90’s all week long. That sure seems like summer. And the Phoenix/Scottsdale area? Whoa! I just checked NWS for Phoenix and this is the first time I’ve seen the orange tinged icons that represent REALLY HIGH temperatures. I think this is the time of year that the Zumwalt’s and Maiorano’s begin their reverse hibernation; drawing the blinds and keeping all the doors and windows closed until October. Not that we’re much better off; we are usually just 5 or 10 degrees below them.

The garden is on the mend after being battered by high winds last week. The tomatoes all have scars where they were being whipped against the bars of their cages. Everything else is growing well; maybe too well. I prune everyday, picking off fruit that is burdening the branches.

Yesterday, I did my part for fair business practices and bought a two-pack of Terracycle Garden Fertilizer. Smart; they package the stuff in used plastic soda bottles. And I did my own comparison of labels between Terracycle and Miracle-Gro. They do not look alike. I think Scott’s is being a bully with their lawsuit, whether Terracycle is all that good or not. I will find out soon enough as I sprayed my garden with it yesterday afternoon.

I’ve been Stumbling this morning, finding all sorts of useless sites, like this one… Now, let’s see where my next Stumble takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment