Friday, June 15, 2007

Just the basics

Another beautiful day. Yes, it’s supposed to be a little bit warmer later today; OK, it’s going to be hot! But the morning is pleasant and I already have the house cooled off to about 76. I believe that an early morning dip in the pool would be appropriate.


I’m on the downhill side of the Karlee Project. I have the base color finished and now I’m going to work on the final finish. That will include some opalescent colored glaze and the jewels. Plus the mirrors of course!
Yesterday, we hurried to the library before our appointment with the ‘stuffing crew’ at the Senior Center and while we were there, I couldn’t help but notice some new artwork on the wall by the entrance. It was the work of Margarita, our local librarian. Very nice! Now I have to see if she will let me take a photo of it. Also, she is going to hold an art class this summer and I’m wondering if we might want to attend. She said it is a pretty basic course, but I’m thinking that anything that will feed the artistic nature is good for you, no matter where you think you might fall on the artistic skills scale.


Margarita is a classically trained artist, having an MA from Washington State. I’m more of a mixed media kind of guy, but it shouldn’t make a difference. Basics are always good.

2 comments:

  1. Okay - wait....I'm thinking you must have started over? This looks all new to me.....Is that Pepto Bismol Pink? She's gonna love it. The pink girl that she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:30 PM

    Label says Fuschia...

    And no, that's still the same shape. Nothing has changed except for this first coat of color

    ReplyDelete