Friday, June 29, 2007

More Fun...way more!

My sister Kitty asked me when I might be through with the project, noting that it looked like it was almost done. And oh, how I wish it was! But looks are deceiving and I must tell her that I still have caulking and spackling and touch up and etc, etc. Maybe even some remodeling. Plus a lot of detail paint work behind the drapes; I didn’t want to take down the whole drapery assembly for just that and so I will do that work carefully and slowly.

I did find that this work was good exercise for a senior citizen; lots of cardio workouts from climbing the step ladder to measure and fit and then climb it again to re-measure and re-fit. Good memory workouts as well…what was that number? 41-3/8” or 43-1/8”? Climb the step ladder and see. Also, I gained some core strength as I tried to balance on the step ladder and not fall into the stacks of fine china that were on the floor. I even learned some ‘anger management’ tricks when the last blows of the hammer revealed that the nail was impossibly lodged against some foreign object in the framing and I wasn’t going to be able to get the nail out…bend the nail over, drive it in flush and use lots of spackle!

But it’s looking good! The next time I write about it I will include the finish photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment