Monday, June 25, 2007

Sugar

So the day begins. A cup of coffee with a splash of Almond Roca syrup in it for quick energy. I’m probably going to need it. We’re buying paint for the dining room today and I have all of the new, larger baseboard freshly painted (white) and ready to install. I’m still undecided about a crown molding for the room; should I or shouldn’t I? I added a crown molding in the living room and in our study, so a precedent has been set…but still, there’s no reason why I can’t change and do something different. Change is good!

I was thinking that perhaps a small molding at the top of the wall would be nice; especially if it were painted in a complimentary color, not a contrasting one. Then, a small trim, maybe a ½ round molding just 6” below that and the space between the two moldings to be painted a third color. Hmmm? But, living with a Sensing personality type makes spontaneity somewhat hazardous. I’m going to have to have a ‘plan’ for the crown molding that includes the color and size if I want full approval. Now would be a good time for me to begin repeating the mantra, “it’s only paint”.

I seem to remember that there is a time of year when paint always goes on sale. When is that? And why doesn’t it coincide with my inclination to pick up a paint brush? And that got me to thinking about paint in general and the fact that it’s a hazardous material now. Any paint left over is a liability and must be dealt with in an ecologically sound way. You can’t throw the cans into the trash. Is anyone working on the development of environmentally safe paint? Wouldn’t it be great if ‘earth tones’ also meant earth friendly?

No comments:

Post a Comment