Tuesday, June 19, 2007

That Darn Cat!

Dawn. It’s still dark but I can see a slight shade of silver on the eastern horizon. And I have been outside already; responding to the wishes of our cat. She calls at the window here in the study and I respond as I have been trained to do. I go out to the garage and open the bag of cat food. She eats and then leaves. She will come back to the window in another hour and at that time she will want to come in for her long nap. I’m sure she’s had a busy night!

Yesterday, she had us both fooled. She was very much like the famed ‘Cheshire Cat’ from Alice’s adventures. We knew she was in the house. But two adults, with a flashlight, were unable to find her. We looked everywhere – three times! And then, at her usual waking hour of 4 PM, I heard the slight tinkle of her bell and found her sitting in the middle of the hallway, licking her paw. When she looked up at me I think she grinned. A big Cheshire grin!

No comments:

Post a Comment