Saturday, August 25, 2007

Looking Good!

Sometimes it’s the little things that make my day. I got my mower back from the shop yesterday and it runs and cuts like a champ! I mowed the orchard in record time and it looked great.


I should mention books that I’m reading. I think I have about four with bookmarks in them right now and I wander from one to the other, depending on how I feel. One that I pick up only a few times a week is Stones from the River, by Ursula Hegi. I’m avoiding it because I know it can only end badly. I have less than a hundred pages to go, but I’m already depressed by what I imagine will happen at the end.


I’ve been reading the book with an eye on history as well as our current political situation and find troubling similarities. National pride that has no room for admitting error is one. Ignorance of the people when deciding who would lead them is another. And overall; avoiding any recollection of history.



No comments:

Post a Comment