Thursday, August 16, 2007

Over?

Once again; all is well. The brakes are working once more. All that was required was some time and money. $260 to be exact. That bought me a new vacuum pump and some peace of mind. As I replayed the events in my mind, I remembered that I had stopped normally at a signal less than 500 feet away just before the brakes failed. It was maybe a minute or less between success and failure, and believe me; a vehicle that weighs over 3 tons has a lot of kinetic energy. Stopping a failure like that is no fun.

Summer is definitely on its way out. Grandchildren are heading back to school and the early morning hours are growing dark. And we are even contemplating the cleaning of the wood stove. Buying firewood. Darn!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:31 AM

    It will be 105 here today and only cooling off to the 80's. I can't wait for summer to be over. That should happen around October 15th.

    ReplyDelete