Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Very Interesting

I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president.
--George W. Bush, as quoted in Bob Woodward's ‘Bush at War’

Don’t you just love this guy!

And, on another subject altogether...I was reading the latest issue of Wired magazine yesterday and ran across an article detailing the cost of broadband. I know you might find it amazing, but we’re getting ripped off by the cost of broadband in this country. Really! (That is if you can even get it) The US of A pays 49 cents per 100Kbps. Japan pays 6 cents and South Korea pays 8 cents for the same throughput. The most expensive? Saudi Arabia at $571 per 100Kbps. You think that might be a political move; to keep the masses free of any ‘corruption’ from the outside world? You know that politicians of any stripe or country of origin just hate the internet!Especially YouTube...

No comments:

Post a Comment