Monday, October 15, 2007

Time Goes By

- And Again

I read this a few weeks ago, but since it seemed more focused on duvets and high heels, I didn't comment. But, I could always do it now...

I suppose the most obvious thing I don't do anymore is to wear a watch. I gave it up almost as soon as I got my first Social Security check. Of course I still know what time it is. We're surrounded by time telling devices. Move my cursor to the lower right corner of the screen...yes, it's 5:34 AM. But the point is, I'm no longer obsessed with knowing the time.

And I no longer shave regularly. And I don't care what you think about it. My face. My stubble.

And to the dismay of my family, I don't answer phones. Phones are rude and I'm not a rude person. Email, on the other hand is polite. Email arrives and sits patiently in the In-Box until I get around to reading it. And what really irritates Laurae is the fact that I have assigned the sound of a ringing telephone to the arrival of email. :-)

The more I think about it, the more I believe that I haven't just given up doing some things; I've taken up things that replaced the old things. Change is good!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:33 PM

    No watch for me either, though I always seem to know the time without looking at a clock - even when I wake in the middle of the night.

    And isn't leaving the phone to ring a wonderful thing. It can't possibly be work anymore, so I'll leave it go sometimes just like email. That's why God made answering machines.

    "Your face, your stubble" - good for you. I've never asked, but it can't be fun scraping hair off your face every day with a sharp blade.

    Thanks for all the links :-)

    ReplyDelete