Saturday, October 27, 2007

Words

I’ve said it before; fall is a great time of year. Wouldn’t it be beautiful if the supply of colored leaves was inexhaustible and they could be seen flying all year long? I was walking in the park the other day when I was suddenly immersed in a golden leaf shower. The tree above me had released its grip on hundreds of leaves all at the same time. What a sight! And Chico is wonderfully supplied with fall color; as good as any New England village. As you drive down the Esplanade, the leaves flutter into the air all around each passing vehicle in shades of gold and red while autumn sunlight gilds the scene.

And I will be out in the park again this morning. I took a day off because of the blood donation on Thursday, but I have to keep up with the program and get the weight off. And the blood pressure down. Although just returning to a walking regimen for a few short days has done wonders there. BP is already back into the 120/70 range. The goal is 4 to 5 days a week and 20+ miles.

I was browsing once again on the Think or Thwim site and came across this alternative to typing. At the same time I was reminded that I might have a real use for this application. With Boo sleeping in my lap, typing becomes a real chore; disturbing us both. I’m not sure that the developer had a goal of improving cat/human relations when he started this, but it could be a great side benefit. And how about children or grandchildren in your lap? Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment