Thursday, November 29, 2007

Adding

So far it’s pretty much a typical day. Read the mail. Drink the coffee. Check the weather. Read the feeds. Drink the coffee. Open the journal. Go back to the feeds. Read some more. Type.

Somewhere in that litany above I have also looked for the cat; she couldn’t be found? And I haven’t heard a peep from the scanner this morning, so the police can eat their donuts in peace for a little while.

But yesterday the scanner was filled with the story of a car chase from Highway 32 in Chico to the eventual capture of the suspects near the intersection of Meridian and Highway 32. Oh, yeah! The policeman chasing the gold Trans Am was reporting the speed as he drove. 90 mph. Passing Glenwood. 100 mph. Passing Muir. Traffic moderate. What? And then it was over. Scary to think that anyone, good guy or bad guy was going 100 mph on that stretch of suburban road. I guess I should look at the ER website and see if there’s anything to read about it. And more.

And while I was reading the feeds, specifically the Time Goes By blog, I found a neat reference to Boomer 411, a service for the newly aging ‘boomers’. And the blog has a great interview with Ronni Bennett, the proprietor of Time Goes By. I guess I better add this one to my list of feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment