Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chai and Art

I must be getting better. My cough isn't painful any more and I'm feeling a little more fit. Of course, that may be because I was out in the park this morning and getting in my daily walk. Always good for whatever ails you!

But, when I drove up to the parking lot at One Mile, I noticed that there were plenty of parking spaces. What was going on? I parked near the turn-around end and I noticed an odd car parked in the handicapped space. We were the only two cars at that end. Lonely... There didn't seem to be anyone in the car, but just as I got ready to leave, a head popped up. Had they been sleeping in the car? There were no handicapped plates on the car... I was getting suspicious. What were they doing there?

But I took off anyway... and then worried about it. Would my car be OK? Would I find the window broken and the car ransacked when I returned? Why was I doing this? Worrying about nothing. And then I started thinking; isn't this what 'old' people do? Worry without cause? Must stop!

And of course everything was fine when I returned. Should I have been disappointed?

OK, time for my reward; a cup of chai. So I'm headed down the highway to Cafe Mondo and I suddenly remember a little piece in the Tom Gascoyne editorial (Chico Beat) that mentioned a new place to get coffee; the old railroad car at the Chico Art Center. I make a couple of turns and headed back. Sure enough, there it is and I'm certainly willing to give it a try. OK. Not bad at all, though railroad cars are really not all that spacious and the seating is somewhat limited. But they have some seating outside on the platform and they have reading material. All good. And as I was sitting... and reading, I noticed the artwork. Some great acrylic and spray work on hardboard. The same sort of stuff I had been talking to Zach about. I'll have to take some photos next time I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment