Sunday, November 18, 2007

I believe!

Life goes on. Yesterday morning I felt like retreating from life, but a walk in the park helped with that attitude. And then I made a platter full of my now World Famous Lemon Bars for the Soup & Sandwich supper at church last night. Thanks to my niece, Erin, I have a never fail recipe that always delights the residents of the Planet Orland. And after supper, while others took a turn at decorating and creating Christmas wreaths for the local assisted living center, I laid on the couch in the church library and read. I wish I could remember the title of the book I was reading, but it was a true account of one ‘teacher’ in the Los Angeles area school district of Compton. She was a member of TFA, an organization dedicated to solving the many problems of our educational system at the classroom level by working and not talking.

OK. I found the book! And I found a new service of Google as well. Well, it’s new to me. You can read some excerpts. Here’s a book that that should be read by every member of every school board in America. Not just Los Angeles… every school board. And they should have to write a book report afterwards. 2 pages.

When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I'm beginning to believe it.
-
Clarence Darrow

Speaking of reading; go here and type in the URL of your favorite blog and see how it stacks up for level of reading ability. I made it to Junior High with mine. So I’m fairly plebian in my style of writing… though I will admit that I’m using the word ‘plebian’ in an attempt to raise it to ‘High school’.

What else is new? Well, I'm working on 4 projects at the same time... a sure recipe for failure at one of them. Must. Relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment