Friday, December 21, 2007

Observations

Chilly! But it’s nothing compared to the rest of the country. I can still remember the bite of sub zero mornings in New England, the Sierra’s and the Midwest…and I’m quite happy right where I am now.

The coldest? An evening in Spokane. I had gone to watch hockey in the new arena and afterwards, we used a little known stairwell to exit the arena; avoiding the crowds. We were moving fast and we pushed the exit door open on the run; it was as if we had been punched in the chest when the cold air hit us. It was -28°. Ouch.

OK, enough of the memories; I need to see what’s in the news and in the feeds. And what do I see? A memory. Griffith Observatory. It was always a favorite place to go when I was younger. Although, I don’t remember the planetarium being named after someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment