Monday, December 17, 2007

Rambling

Ack! Where’s the Kleenex? It’s time to eat more mandarins; the cold medicine of choice around here. When I had my annual physical this year I also had a flu shot and then, a week later, a pneumonia shot. Apparently the ‘common cold’ falls somewhere in between and is not touched by either of those preventatives.

I was reading Time Goes By again this morning and read about the possibility of an Elderblogger being less than forthright. Apparently this bothered some people. And you would think that it might bother me as well, since I’m on an anti-anonymous kick these days; upset with anyone who comments anonymously.

So I had to examine my feelings about that. I think what I’m upset about are the anonymous that use their anonymity to be cruel. Anonymous ‘praise’ is nice, but of little value. Anonymous cruelty and mean spiritedness is simply cowardly.

And when I signed up to blog, I didn’t agree to tell the truth, the whole truth, etc, etc. Quite often you get a story that is tainted by my perspective. Duh! But now that I’ve read about Nora and the possibility of her stories being ‘stories’, I may give it a try myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment