Thursday, January 24, 2008

Browsing

I have been browsing through my old journals once again, looking for clues. Clues as to the meaning of life. I become very introspective every once in awhile and wonder what it’s all about? So it’s nice to be able to go back in time and see what had me worried and what made me smile so long ago. It’s reassuring to see that we weathered a terrible financial storm back in 2000. “I was just checking the stock market a few minutes ago and it had plunged 390 points, a sharp decline! Now it has recovered to –301 points. I have a stock market simulation portfolio that has lost $200,000 dollars this month! Good thing it’s only play money.” I wrote that back in October of 2000. And in August of 1998, I wrote this, The Stock market plunged yesterday, and disaster is imminent in Russia. Financial news around the world is all bad…” And even further back; September of 1990, Our economy is shaky right now, and a war could precipitate a severe recession.”

OK, its now 2008 and we’re still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment