Friday, January 25, 2008

If I won...

And now that I have brought back memories of where we have traveled and lived, I couldn’t help but think of what I would do if I won the lottery. Of course you have to play if you want to win…and I keep forgetting to do that! Oh, well; it’s just dreams anyway. And since it’s a dream, I will make it a big win. $60 million and I get to keep about a third of that. Now that I have the $20 million, where do I want to live?

First things first. On the Big Island; North Kohala coast, somewhere near the little towns of Kapa'au or Hawi. Or even Volcano Village, high in the mountains above Hilo.

Closer to home, (wherever that is?) I would probably buy a loft in downtown Chico. Just for fun. Further away; a vacation home in Little River or Albion, on the Mendocino Coast. And very high on my list would be a summer/winter home in Mono County, near Twin Lakes and Bridgeport.

An apartment in Manhattan Beach, for nostalgia. A condo near Point Loma, for the sport fishing. Another condo in Asheville. And a real house near Taos/Santa Fe. Away from the city itself. And I mustn’t forget North Dakota! I love extremes… Have I spent the $20 million?

No comments:

Post a Comment