Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My thoughts

I’ve been reading Einstein by Walter Isaacson. A great read. I have always been an admirer of Doctor Einstein and as I read the book, it was soon obvious that we think alike. No, I’m not anywhere near his level of intelligence; I can’t think on three different levels at the same time. I love physics, though I don’t always understand it, and I hate algebra. But, we certainly agree on politics! He couldn’t imagine how anyone could join a political party. Certainly not a ‘thinking person’. For Einstein, governments were simply tolerated; they had no place in real life. By the time he was in his thirties, he had been a citizen of two countries; one of them twice. And only out of necessity. He was truly a citizen of the world… as we all are.

No comments:

Post a Comment