Sunday, January 27, 2008

Some Choice

Same old, same old. The rain continues once again after a nice day without it. Well, most of the day was dry.

The work day at the Senior Thrift Store went well. The volunteers now have room to work and the mountain of donations has been reduced to a manageable size by sorting and boxing. I even found one small treasure; an ancient Scrabble game and we can use the old wooden letters for some arts and crafts type projects. Other than that, it was just a day of heavy lifting and hauling and my body resents it. Painfully!

And I’m trying to make sense of the news reports of Obama’s win in the South Carolina primary. All I can say is that if the news media tells you that the contest is now all about race, it’s because the news media has made it so. What a shame.

Race and gender have no place in this contest. But there they are, bigger than life! It’s the eleventh hour for the primaries and I’m still looking for the intelligent and ethical candidate. With Richardson out of the race, I’m not sure that I even have a choice anymore.

(Intelligent and ethical? When did we last have a president with those qualifications? The last 7 years has shown us just how far we can go in the opposite direction.)

No comments:

Post a Comment