Friday, February 22, 2008

Plans

Another rainy morning. Even so, I need to brave the weather and get in some racewalking time in the park. I’m pretty sure I will join the small crowd in Durham tomorrow for the Almond Blossom 5K. I’m not that fast, but if I consider it to be just a training race and of no importance, I won’t be stressed by my lack of performance.

Nature has delivered some color right on time for the Almond Blossom race; despite the sad weather, the blossoms are exploding everywhere. Orchards are turning pink and white all throughout the region. And the bees are already busy at work. They’ve been wandering around for the past few weeks, looking anxiously for a blossom or two; now they have millions to choose from.

And now that I have looked at the weather forecast, it looks like the blossoms will be in some danger. High winds are forecast for Saturday night and Sunday. Darn! With all of this wet ground, there are bound to be some trees lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment