Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Step Right Up!

What’s happening this morning? Not a blessed thing! The news is simply the ‘news’ and it’s more of the same thing we read yesterday. This is one of those times when I wish we had a parliamentary form of government; we could simply tell the current occupant of the White House to pack because we have ‘no confidence’ in him. Time to go. Here, let me hold the door for you. Next!

And apropos of nothing at all; yesterday I was in the midst of complaining to the post office about late deliveries and I suddenly had a flashback. It’s sometime in the late 1940’s and the postman comes to the front door with the mail. It’s about 10 in the morning and I’m hoping that my Dick Tracy Magic Decoder Ring will have arrived. The mailman says, ‘Sorry. Maybe it will be in this afternoon’s mail.’ And sure enough, when he arrives back at our door at 3, he has the package for me. Yes, kiddies, gather round while grandpa reminisces…two deliveries a day! And all for the price of a 3 cent stamp. Would I lie?

According to the Inflation Calculator, 3 cents works out to 26 cents in today’s financial climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment