Friday, March 21, 2008

Keep On Trucking

I’m going to get in another good training walk this morning. Longer and slower for today. Then I have to help move some new pots and fountains at the Plant Barn. Denise received a big shipment the other day and they’re taking up all of the space in her Porte Cochere. Isn’t that a great word? So much better than ‘driveway’.

And of course I will have to stop by the Chico Library to pick up books for the Orland Friends of the Library. I’m always amazed at the number of books that we collect this way. I picked up 20 boxes on Tuesday of this week; about 400 books. I am sure that I will pick up another 5 boxes today and another 20 boxes next week. Ad infinitum. I better get started on advertising the Spring Book Sale on Craigslist.

I’m going to have to come up with a better plan for picking up those books. I should stop at the library every time we’re in town and pick up whatever is there. And at the next meeting of the Friends, I need to invite others to do the same. The current cost of diesel fuel makes driving the truck a little bit expensive! And if we can pick up a few boxes each day, we can eliminate the need for a special trip with the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment