Friday, April 25, 2008

I can't see!

Another typical morning for me. Still struggling with the new coffee maker. Trying to see how much water to put in it is almost impossible. Black raised markings on a black background when observed in the dark, or near dark, are impossible to see. Turn on the lights and it’s only a little better. Nope, still can't see it. I guess I need to find a cheap plastic pitcher that I can mark up in a way that can be seen easily. But wait…aren’t cheap plastic pitchers toxic? What to do?

I seem to be fixated on the political campaign of Mr. Logue and I took a look at his website again. It’s filled with toxic statements without any supporting evidence. Why not? He has a website and it can expand as much as needed to give some evidence for his beliefs. There are no limits as to the number of pages on his site. Do you suppose he doesn’t really want you to see that evidence because it may not be true? Facts are easily disposed of during a campaign and lies, if told often enough, can easily replace them. That’s the new politics as practiced by both parties. Ok, it’s not new.

But I did have this idea last night; maybe a thought and not an idea… wouldn’t it be great if we could rid ourselves of both Republicans and Democrats? Have lawmakers that stood on their own particular values instead of hiding behind a political party’s ideology? They could be a Republican or Democrat, if they wanted to, but it would have to be on their own time and not while they were working for us. Similar to being an Elk or a Moose. Clubs that little boy/men like to join.

The day is young and I need to look at something other than politics if I want a good day. I suppose the weather is worthy of some attention. Hmmm? Mostly boring. I would love to see a good storm or two; one that would wash the pollen and other irritants out of the sky for a little while.

4 comments:

  1. If you want to experience some good storms, come to Oklahoma. We've been having them every day this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I loved about visiting the midwest, our corporate offices were in Lenexa, Kansas and I looked forward to seeing the storms rolling across the prairie in the spring and fall. Summer, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't you put the water in before you go to bed....? Just a thought - you wouldn't be quite so blurry eyed....?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be logical...I'm not.

    ReplyDelete