Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Neatorama

Shoes are Ruining Our Feet

Good story and so true! I can’t say when I first began to wear shoes; I’m sure my parents put them on me when I first began to walk, but once we moved to the beach, they were gone! Or so I like to believe. From the age of 5 till I was 19 and joined the Navy, I was shoeless whenever possible. The end of the school year was the end of the ‘shoe year’. Even today, the shoes come off as soon as I’m in the front door. And I learned a fact or two from a sports physiologist about the benefits of being barefoot while aging. Yes, it’s better for you to be barefoot as much as possible as it helps you to retain a better sense of balance. You get some of that important balance from nerve endings in the bottom of your foot. Shoes on; those nerves sense only the shoe. Dull. Boring. Shoes off; things are happening!

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the advice! I'll make more of an effort to go barefoot!

    I'm impressed with how much you wrote today and I found your answers to Ronni's questions very interesting. I'm more or less in the same boat as you, a few answers I'd give a little differently. But good for you!

    As a Canadian I'm afraid I bored with the US election stuff a little earlier. Our process is faster, but we have a very different system so it's apples and oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anne...

    But, I was thinking that in a day or two, I might give slightly different answers. Depends on my mood and the circumstances.

    I do envy you the parliamentary system. "No confidence'? He's out of there!

    ReplyDelete