Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sirius-ly

This is it, the end of the month and one day closer to summer. And of course it’s Wednesday, the ‘every other Wednesday’ that I irrigate the orchard. All is ready, the orchard has been mowed and the gates are in place and all I have to worry about are the dogs that hang out along the road leading to the main canal. But, it’s lighter now at 6 and I should be able to see them quite clearly. They are barking dogs and don’t appear to be aggressive, but just in case… I always have my club with me!

I’ve never understood the reason for having a barking dog. If you really want a guard dog, you want one that is always in ‘stealth mode’. That’s the one that would scare me if I were in the burglary business. Dog barks? He knows where it is and will take it out! Scenario: “John, wake up! I hear the dog barking! Oh? He stopped barking… I guess it was just a cat.” Yes, it’s silence that makes a burglar nervous!

Unfortunately, we have a lot of barking dogs in our neighborhood and apparently all the burglars are out and about between 7 and 10 PM, as that’s when the dogs do most of their barking. But…I do love our double pane windows! They keep out most of the noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment