Sunday, April 20, 2008

Talking

to ourselves - Los Angeles Times

"Americans are increasingly close-minded and unwilling to listen to opposing views."
No kidding? Perhaps it's because of the attitude of the right wingnuts... those that invented the modern smear campaign; Swift Boating.

"Swift boating" can succeed in politics only because of the correct assumption that huge numbers of Americans lack the broad knowledge that would enable them to spot blatantly unfair attacks. If Barack Obama is the Democratic nominee, we will surely hear, from the slimier corners of the blogosphere, a renewal of the lie that he is a Muslim."

I know I should be more open minded. I often preach that. But. Truth is, it's been 8 years and I'm tired of the lies. Maybe I will be open minded next week or the week after.

No comments:

Post a Comment