Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Just a zephyr

Our wind alarm system is working this morning. You don’t have one? Well, ours consists of four exterior lights with motion sensors; with a mild breeze, the motion of the maples out front will turn on just one of those lights. As the wind increases, the swaying of the maples grows wilder. 10 mph and we have two lights, 15 mph gives us three lights and with any blast over 20 mph, all the lights are on. Ah, technology! And this morning we have but one light burning; that’s nice.

Speaking of breezes; the fan here in the study is giving me fits. At first I could just barely hear a grating ‘wah wah’ sound as it slowly revolved. What I wanted and what I expected to hear was a gentle ‘whsh whsh’ but the wah wah continued. And it has grown louder; or is it just my imagination? I tried ignoring it, but it insists on being heard. I changed speeds. No luck. Faster! No, it’s louder. OK. That’s it…it’s off! (Note to granddaughter: this is one of the joys of home ownership. Everything that breaks belongs to you.)

Something new on the Working blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment