Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Grocery Wars

Ralphs supermarket chain lowers prices, clips coupon savings - Los Angeles Times

It's happening everywhere.

Since the Planet Orland is in the grips of a single greedy marketer, we try and shop in Chico whenever possible. At least we have a choice there.

I don't have a good feeling about Raley's being able to survive this period of intense price warfare. I like their stores, but not the prices. And as much as I would like to be a loyal customer, I simply can't afford to.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:15 AM

    Safeway now offers delivery services with specials (free delivery) at least once a month. This kind of service would really be worth it for you guys to save gas. Safeway is only a block away from us, however. Also, I like to pick my own produce.

    ReplyDelete