Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Gloomy

Okay, the water is on and it’s coming fast this morning. Always good. And I was wandering around the orchard this morning and noted that the stone fruit have all ripened quite early this year. There is a bright orange carpet under the apricot trees as the fruit fell faster than I could pick it. And it’s the same with the Red Haven peaches. All ripe, all at once. We can’t eat them fast enough. The high temperatures are the culprit. So if I get sick from eating too many peaches, I can blame it on ‘Global Warming’ instead of greed.

And now that I'm back in the house, I can see the eastern horizon and it's solid gray/brown. No blue sky in sight. The sun is an orange spot in the gloom.

Sorry about all of the different fonts lately. It's a Mozilla/Blogger problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment