Monday, July 28, 2008

No, Never

Last night I finished reading the book, Rumors of Our Progress Have Been Greatly Exaggerated: Why Women's Lives Aren't Getting Any Easier--And How We Can Make Real Progress for Ourselves and Our Daughters by Carolyn Maloney. And so much of what I read had me angry. Angry because I knew that she wasn’t telling us everything, in her book. That there are far worse abuses of power in Congress and the Senate, but who has time to record them all? Or read them?

And then, this morning, I read Time Goes By and the story about Senator Hollings interview with Bill Moyers. That’s when I came to the same conclusion that Ronni Bennett did; that it makes no difference who is elected in November. My view; it’s all simply an exercise to keep the electorate diverted from the truth and to spread the campaign money around. Change? Not in my lifetime…or yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment