Tuesday, July 22, 2008

OK, it's done


Ronni Bennett of Time Goes By has been pushing elderbloggers to post a photo of themselves and their quarterstaff''s, or walking sticks. I tried doing it myself, putting the camera on top of the car, etc, but with limited success. So this morning I dressed in my best (car washing) clothes and asked Laurae to take the picture. I think it turned out quite well.

The stick, sadly, is not a natural. I went commercial because I wanted sturdy and this one is solid Ash; baseball bat strength. And it was custom made at what I thought was a very reasonable price by the Brazos Stick Co. I called them and asked if they could make their standard sticks a little bit longer... and they can. And no, I have no connection with them and I didn't get a free stick. I just thought they were nice people.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:48 AM

    I absolutely love your walking stick. It suits you. What's it for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking? Oh, yes...and for dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah and spider webs on your walk to open the irrigation gate! I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brazos? Does that mean you live in Texas? Bryan-College Station? That's a fabulous staff--that can double as a bat! Is there a link to the Brazos stick company?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Link? Yep! It may not show all that well, but just click on the words, 'Brazos Stick Co. That should take you there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steven,

    This is Eric from Brazos Walking Sticks. Thanks all of your kind words. We hope you love your walking stick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kokopelliwoman,

    We're in Waco, not too far from Bryan-College Station. :-)

    You can go directly to our webiste at http://brazos-walking-sticks.com.

    ReplyDelete