Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Owe Who?

The morning browsing brought me some news about the so-called ‘documentary’ I.O.U.S.A and its creator/backer, Pete Peterson. What I find interesting of course is the fact that the only ‘normal’ people associated with the making of this film were the workers behind the cameras. All of the ‘stars’ are billionaires. But not to worry, you can be assured that they are only thinking of you and your welfare. That is why they call themselves by folksy names, like Pete and Dave. Warren? Well, Warren is simply ‘Warren’. Your pals. (Try going to Pete’s office and calling him ‘Pete’…hah!)


What’s the story about entitlements anyway? My take is that we elect representatives to do our business before the nation. They are supposedly learned men and women and they have our interests at heart. After all, they promised, in their campaigns, to do just that. And so I assumed that they took all possibilities into consideration when they drafted laws and subjected them to debate. Votes were taken and measures put in place. None of this was a secret. But… now we’re expected to believe that it was all a mistake. How can that be? And if I can’t believe those who crafted the entitlements; why should I believe those who would remove them? Can you say, 'Agenda'?


For more, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment