Saturday, August 30, 2008

That's Hot

That was nice. Sleeping in for some obscure reason; or no reason at all. That’s even better. In fact, that was a subject during our dinner conversation. We were talking about this being the weekend for the ‘tuber’s’ to descend upon the Sacramento River and to float while partying. This always attracts a large crowd of law enforcement types, both on the river and on the highway. Being there to cheer them on of course. And Laurae noted that she hadn’t seen anyone in the river when we crossed it about noon. I replied that most of the students were still asleep at that hour. ‘Tube’ing’ would take place at a later hour.

Whew! What is my point? I’m really digressing here! I guess it’s one of those incredibly boring ‘back in my days’ stories and I was going to say that sleeping in was not allowed back in my day. And when I did sleep late, I felt terrible. I had lost those hours forever!

OK. Enough of that. There really was no point to my rambling and it’s time for another cup of coffee. Obviously.

So, how about that Governor Palin? That seems to be the hot topic for the day, the week and possibly the rest of the campaign. My eldest granddaughter got it right; he had to select a woman. I can only imagine how that conversation went as John McCain argued, futilely, with Karl Rove. But I can see why John might be unhappy. Sarah Palin is eclipsing him as ‘the candidate’. She doesn’t have to say a thing and she draws more coverage than John could ever hope for. He has to fear that people will be voting for Sarah and hoping for his quick demise or forced retirement, due to old age of course. Yes, I can see the bumper stickers already; ‘Vote Palin/McCain 2008’.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:48 AM

    I guess McSame won't be able to use the "no experience" argument against Obama anymore after this selection. I am sure the old white guys picked a woman that could be molded into whatever they want. They better hope she doesn't have a mind of her own. She might get wise to them and with the media's fascination with her, could blow it all if she tells the truth or has a viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to worry. She doesn't have a mind of her own. She follows the 'Party Line' all of the way.

    OK, OK, I could be wrong...I've only read a few things that she has said. And while they are definitely incriminating, there may be some substance to her.

    Not holding my breath.

    ReplyDelete