Monday, October 20, 2008

I know, but…

Colin Powell was talking about his respect for McCain and he said, "…But I think we need a generational change." And he is right. He gets it. If you're an elder, I think you have an obligation to hand the power to the next generation. It's their world. You're moving on. Old ideas are simply that. Old ideas. And if we want to be respected for the wisdom that age brings us, we need to act wisely. We need to be advisors and not directors. OK; easier said than done.

2 comments:

  1. Well said!

    I read on another blog the comment that you know you're getting old when you know all the answers but no one ever asks you. That may be true, but the better part of wisdom is knowing when to keep the damn answers to yourself and let others find their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right; no one ever asks anymore. (part of the reason for having a blog...I can always pretend that someone asked.)

    ReplyDelete