Sunday, October 19, 2008

Odds and Ends

It's time for more coffee. Time for my third cup. OK, I've fooled around with my default fonts this morning, played with the cat and stretched enough to work out some of the early morning pain. I've also spent a few minutes on-line looking at the news. Nothing much there.

With some knowledge of Myers-Briggs Personality Typing, I see personality/behavior connections all of the time. Like someone with a hammer, I see nails everywhere. And the other day I was thinking about art and personality. And the fact that I don't really care much for Realism. I can appreciate the skill that goes into the work, but it doesn't move me emotionally. It might as well be photography; though certainly fine photography. Abstract, Surrealism, Dadaism, Pointillism, Art Deco, Art Nouveaux, Primitivism, Post Impressionism, Fauvism, Impressionism, Pop Art, Graffiti and even Cubism (sometimes) are among my favorites. Why? Because the artist is revealing something of himself in his work. The Realist is simply technically good at what he does.

But what Type sees that? The Intuitive. The Sensing Type relies on what they see and not what they 'feel'. Which one is right? They both are.

No comments:

Post a Comment