Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Please, Be Wrong

Another morning and another debate, later. I'm hoping that this one will be the vote-changer. That McCain will make a fool of himself and that Obama retains the thoughtful presence of mind that he has always shown.

I was reading Time Goes By this morning and came across this, "I saw a white woman interviewed on a cable news channel saying, "I won't vote for Obama because his skin color is not the same as mine." I fear too many Americans agree with her. I desperately hope I am wrong." Skin color? That fails every test of logic.

Who are these people? Do they leave their minds at home, up high on a closet shelf, when they go out for the day? Why aren't they embarrassed by what they are saying? And yes, they scare me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment