Friday, October 31, 2008

Rain

I love that sound! Just as predicted, it's raining and quite steadily. So steadily that the Glenn County Sheriff's office has issued a Flash Flood Warning for the next few days. This will apply to most of the hilly areas that were burned over this past summer. Here, on the flats, we're not going to worry about any floods for awhile.

A quick look at the headlines shows me nothing much has changed overnight. A good thing. An even better thing would be to wake up and read that McCain decided to save us some money and had conceded. But…it's not going to happen. I can dream though. And I'm dreaming of a future where I can respect the president once again. I don't have to agree with him all of the time, and I doubt that I will, but just being able to respect him will be a delight! Imagine a thoughtful president. One that reads and one that listens…

(Since I'm from the era when Truman beat Dewey, despite all odds against him, I'm going to worry about this election till at least a week afterwards. And I've heard the same story from lots of elderbloggers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment