Monday, November 3, 2008

Maybe? Maybe Not

I may be wrong, but I think I read that over a third of the Americans eligible to vote – have. How cool is that? With any luck at all, we may just join the 21st century during the next decade. Next we need universal registration for voting. It should come with your Social Security number when you're born and then validated at age 18. You're worried about 'states rights'? Get a grip! States are an anachronism. Who needs them? What do they define? Besides your address, that is.

And when the shouting is all over next week, I hope I hear that more citizens have dropped out of the political party system and voted as independents. It's time for both parties to start paying attention to those who think and aren't simply lead.

(Truth is…I can hardly wait till I get a chance to criticize President Obama and the Democratic Party)


  

No comments:

Post a Comment