Sunday, December 21, 2008

Kauai

Garden Island Inn Hotel - Kalapaki Beach, Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii

What fun! I started off with a Google Earth trip to the windward shore of Oahu because I wanted to see if I could remember anything about Kailua... that's where our next president will be vacationing. I didn't see much, but I don't think we did much more than stop at the grocery store when we were there many years ago. So I 'flew' over to Kauai to see if there was anything there to jog some memories. And there it was! We spent a few nights at this great little hotel and for very little money. We had the 'penthouse suite' for something like $90 a night. And it's right across the street from the lush Marriott resort where rooms started at $300. Take the photo tour... it's awesome!

The penthouse? It's right above the Garden Island Inn sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment