Wednesday, December 24, 2008

No Passport Required

I've been having an awful lot of fun with Google Earth recently. I've been going around the country and putting 'push pins' on all of the places I remember being at one time or another. It's a great way to bring back good memories and all for free.

It's also a good way to keep up with the news. I homed in on the Denver Airport yesterday after reading about the crash there. No, Google doesn't have live satellite views, but the view they have reminded me of just how remote that airport is and I could imagine how the passengers felt as they descended from the burning plane. I would have been surprised if the passengers could even see the terminal!

Let's see, I was 'flying' over Lower Twin Lake yesterday. I think I'll go to the campground at Buckeye Creek this morning. And I need to visit Overland Park, Kansas this morning as well. And how about Disneyland? Sure. Cabo San Lucas? Why not!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:00 AM

    No wonder you have had a wanderlust lately. I was watching Santa's trip around the world via NORAD on Google this morning and already saw points in New Zealand and Australia. He's already been there! http://www.noradsanta.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't comment sooner but I was busy down in Mexico... I had to visit the three hotels I have stayed in in the past and they are hard to spot. The place has changed!

    Santa! Wish I was 5 years old again. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete