Sunday, January 18, 2009

Deloitte

sees $530 bln in US health care savings

Now that I've entered the wonderful world of modern day medical care, I've been frustrated by the fact that technology, modern technology, has not made it into the doctor's office. Why do I have to repeat the medical facts to each physician I come into contact with? Why aren't they reading an electronic version of my medical history? And what happens when I omit (carelessly) some vital fact? I asked my regular doctor for an electronic copy of my records so that I could upload it to my Google Health account. I'm still waiting, 3 months later. I would even chip in the bucks needed to buy some jump drives to give to doctors. Each one preloaded with my records.

Get with it!

1 comment:

  1. Plus, we're supposed to have all the time in the world to fill out the same form and answer the same questions while the docs have to rush us through in 10 minute "units" in order to meet their billing requirements.

    ReplyDelete