Friday, January 2, 2009

Me? Lie?

Ronni Bennett had a posting on her blog that appealed to me and so I added my comment to her question: Do You Lie About Your Age?

I never lie about my age. (68) In fact, I find chronological age to be of little importance and potentially divisive and so I rarely mention it. I'm old, an elder, and any fool can see it. It doesn't necessarily make me wiser, but it helps...a little. I have been an idiot at age 25, 35, 45, 55 and 65. Hopefully I will get a chance to do it again when I'm 75!

No generation has a monopoly on wisdom. And that's my strongly held opinion...until I change it.

I guess that last sentence included the point I was trying to make. I do change my mind. All of the time. I think we all should. No, I don't mean hourly; I mean that we should always be open to change and willing to abandon ideas that no longer work and embrace new ones. OK, the earth isn't flat!

Link to Time Goes By

No comments:

Post a Comment