Friday, January 16, 2009

Speaking of Odd

Once again I have to open the window here to get some relief from the heat. In the middle of January and with the fire banked as low as I can get it. Odd times indeed, with a high in the mid 70's forecast for the day.

Also odd. The financial statements are piling up on my desk. I used to enjoy reading them and kept them all current and posted in an Excel spreadsheet. Now I can barely summon the courage to open them. I used to start each day by looking at the DJIA; not in great detail, just a glance to see the drift of the market. I haven't looked in a week or more. So I looked this morning. Yikes! I know, I know…be happy!

I think I'm like most people; I want someone to blame for this. Immediately. I don't want to wait for history to do the judging. Heck, they haven't decided on the culprit for the Great Depression and that was almost 80 years ago. I don't have 80 years left.

No comments:

Post a Comment